On the Rhine and Nahe -
Our tips for exciting excursions
- Our little “Günderrode Filmhaus” annexe in Oberwesel on the Rhine. Cultural site of Hunsrück history around the film project “Heimat” by Edgar Reitz. A small restaurant and café with a brilliant Rhine view. Beautiful Rhine hiking trails directly at the building, approx. 40 minute car drive.
- Explore the neighbouring “Rhineland-Palatinate Open-Air Museum” in Bad Sobernheim with a small hike through the Nightingale Valley, and feel as if you were transported back a century.
- A visit to the nearby Disibodenberg monastery (3 km) – place of power and domain of the healer “Hildegard of Bingen”.
- Stone Sculpture Museum: The only contemporary stone sculpture museum in the world. In the middle of the Nahe valley wine-growing countryside.
- Shopping: There is worthwhile shopping in Bad Kreuznach (25 minutes by car) and Wiesbaden (40 minutes by car), and it's also quite nice in the historic district in Meisenheim (25 minutes by car).